What is involved in the professional teeth cleaning at our hospital?
Each Oral Assessment, Treatment, and Prevention (Oral ATP) visit has twelve separate steps:
- General exam before anesthesia, pre-operative organ testing
- Oral exam under anesthesia
- Gross calculus removal
- Subgingival (below the gumline) scaling, root planing, curettage where indicated
- Tooth polishing
- OraVet® application
- Post cleaning exam and dental x-rays to evaluate the areas below the gum line
- Dental charting to create a treatment plan
- Therapy if necessary
- Home care instructions
- No-fee follow up appointment to see how well you are performing home care.